Kitty Letter

The folks behind Exploding Kittens have been pretty active over the past few years, releasing numerous new games alongside half a dozen expansions to their original smash hit. Kitty Letter finds itself in that growing library, but it stands out as the only video game (other than the digital version of Exploding Kittens itself). I only downloaded it because it looked like a funnier version of an addictive mobile game my wife used to play. I really had no idea what I was in for.

Kitty Letter is a competitive word game with tower-defense-style mechanics. You can play against real people, but I feel like that lowers the experience to that of a simple competitive mobile game but with The Oatmeal art. It's the story mode where this game really shines. Gameplay-wise, it's really just a set of levels designed to ease you into the game's mechanics. However, the narrative is absolutey hysterical. Never before have I enjoyed eating expired, uncooked fish, or writing nasty online reviews about my psychopathic neighbor, but Kitty Letter knows exactly how to make things like that both fun and funny. Normally the biggest laugh a game can get from me is a forcible nasal exhalation, but I genuinely laughed out loud multiple times during Kitty Letter's story.

That story alone is enough for me to recommend this game. I actually found the word fighting itself to be a bit too stressful for my deep-thinking puzzle brain, but the fantastic writing kept me playing, and I don't think I ever lost anyways. Since the story is essentially acting like a souped-up tutorial, it isn't terribly long, and with the game being free, it's a solid, inexpensive way to spend an hour or two. If Exploding Kittens was even remotely comical to you, I think you'll probably enjoy your time with Kitty Letter.

The game is available for iOS here (as of 12/13/21): https://apps.apple.com/us/app/kitty-letter/id1510395712

Popular posts from this blog

Meow Tower: Nonogram Pictogram

Space Lich Omega

The Legend of Zelda: Tri Force Heroes