Robotron: 2084

 

Robotron 2084 places the player in the middle of arena-like battlefields surrounded by dozens of evil robots and a few helpless humans. Your job is to protect the last survivors and destroy the waves of robots for as long as possible. Like all arcade games, Robotron is designed to give you a taste of glory, and then kick your butt for your quarters. To keep a long story short, it does it's job well.

When I first picked the game up, I was immediately reminded of my childhood favorite, Smash TV. Both share a similar hard-as-nails, arena-focused, run-and-gun style, and, although it is more basic, I had fun playing Robotron. However, I did find myself wishing for something more. Fortunately, I have options, just not from this title.

Playing Robotron 2084 was a fun few minutes, but that's all it really took for me to get what this game had to offer. I appreciated that it contributed to the genre that birthed games like Smash TV, but it's no longer the best option. It's worth trying out if you have the chance, but I don't think that you really need to seek it out.

Although the game is no longer being distributed, you can learn more about it here (as of 9/24/20): https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robotron:_2084

Popular posts from this blog

Meow Tower: Nonogram Pictogram

Space Lich Omega

The Legend of Zelda: Tri Force Heroes