Pokémon Café Mix

When I first heard about Pokémon Café Mix, I thought that it looked like a cute little game, but was probably just another Pokémon Shuffle. For context, Shuffle was an early free-to-play Pokémon puzzle game that was heavily pay-to-win, making it a pretty disappointing title. However, I'm a sucker for free, so I thought I may as well try Café Mix, despite my low expectations. After playing it, I think it may be the most enjoyable free Pokémon game after Go!

The puzzle format is a physics-based gimmick-oriented icon-matching game. Put simply, it's Tsum Tsum meets Candy Crush. I found this game to be so delightful because the puzzles are structured in such a way that they provide a challenge, but are never unfair. As of this review, I'm almost 200 stages in without having used a single power-up, save for the one required in a training stage. For contrast, after a few dozen levels in Shuffle, I was using more than one paid item per stage. Café Mix is also absolutely adorable, so that's a plus.

With new stages coming out frequently, and a growing collection of cute Pokémon to befriend, it's worth getting started on this game as soon as possible. It's free, but it's not trying to squeeze away your money, which is the best kind of free! I also believe it is easily one of the most enjoyable mobile puzzle games available right now.
The game is available for Switch here (as of 9/9/20): https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/pokemon-cafe-mix-switch/
The game is available for Android here (as of 9/9/20): https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=jp.pokemon.pokemoncafemix&hl=en_US
The game is available for iOS here (as of 9/9/20): https://apps.apple.com/us/app/pok%C3%A9mon-caf%C3%A9-mix/id1496738228

Popular posts from this blog

Meow Tower: Nonogram Pictogram

Space Lich Omega

The Legend of Zelda: Tri Force Heroes