Cube Escape: Birthday

As the first Cube Escape title following the premium game, Rusty Lake Hotel, Cube Escape: Birthday wastes no time in showing players the previous title's importance. As characters introduced or developed in Hotel fill important roles in this entry, I think I would have been really confused if I skipped it. However, the gameplay is exactly what I have come to expect from the series, and with Dale Vandermeer in the spotlight again, I felt right at home with this game.

The developers seemed to have upgraded their engine in this title, which made the gameplay a little smoother and the puzzles a little more unique. I got stuck a couple times in this adventure through Dale's past, but the addition of in-game hints definitely helped me out. The story was just as supernatural and strange as I'm used to, but very few questions were answered here, making this a little less satisfying to beat than some of the other entries in the series.

As another quick but exciting entry in the Cube Escape series, it is easy to recommend this game. It's definitely improved by the premium title that release right before it, but even without that background, this is a solid game. Plus, it's hard to argue with the price.


The game is available for Android here (as of 12/25/20): https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=air.com.RustyLake.CubeEscapeBirthday

The game is available for iOS here (as of 12/25/20): https://apps.apple.com/app/id1080643308


Popular posts from this blog

Meow Tower: Nonogram Pictogram

Space Lich Omega

The Legend of Zelda: Tri Force Heroes