Asteroids

As I was playing around with my copy of Asteroids for the Gameboy, I began to notice something. I was not having any fun. The game felt like a chore and really didn't seem like it was worth my time. Honestly, I thought about writing a disappointed review right then so that I could be done with it and move on. Fortunately, I decided to get my screenshots from the PC Atari Anniversary Edition version instead of the Gameboy version, and I actually found myself having fun! The gameplay was smooth and exciting, with each dodge of an asteroid or evasion of an alien bullet feeling like a huge success. I'm pretty sure that the only real difference between the Gameboy and PC versions (besides the updated graphics for Gameboy) was the fact that I could control the ship's direction with the mouse instead of buttons. I felt as though I had more control over the vehicle and and it allowed me to be much more immersed in the title.

In the future, I will probably end up playing this game very little, but I am quite happy that I was able to play it in a way that I actually enjoyed. It would have been unfortunate if I were to leave the game with such a sour opinion, despite its legendary status in gaming history. 
The game can be found in a collection for PC at this link (as of 10/21/2017): http://store.steampowered.com/app/400020/Atari_Vault/
The game can be found in a collection for Android at this link (as of 10/21/2017): https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.atari.mobile.greatesthits2015&hl=en
The game can be found in a collection for iOS at this link (as of 10/21/2017): https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/ataris-greatest-hits/id422966028?mt=8

Popular posts from this blog

Meow Tower: Nonogram Pictogram

Space Lich Omega

The Legend of Zelda: Tri Force Heroes