The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

I'm going to start this review by saying that I regard The Legend of Zelda franchise as my favorite video game series of all time. The story, music, characters, environments, and everything else that comes together in a Zelda game always seems to make me smile and keep me engaged every second of my playthrough. Because of this, I had extremely high expectations coming into Breath of the Wild, and I am ecstatic to report that it most definitely delivered! My first step into the world of Hyrule felt both nostalgic and fresh at the same time - a feeling that the game built upon continuously as I played.

Because most of the mechanics in the game were either altered heavily from previous Zelda titles, or entirely new for this title, I did find myself extremely giddy anytime I found something left in from previous games. The fact that the experience I had in this game was different from the series' roots ensured that references to older games (such as highly recognizable shields, hidden music, etc.) were even more enjoyable.

Thanks to Breath of the Wild's willingness to try new things and break formulas, I believe it is probably one of the greatest games of all time. I have trouble putting into words what makes it so truly fantastic, but that won't stop me from recommending it. The game is extremely difficult to complete and I will continue to play it for hundreds of hours more, but my experience with the game so far was unbelievable. Luckily, thanks to the wonders of an expansion pass, I will still have plenty of game left to play for quite a while!
The game can be found for WiiU here (as of 7/5/2017): http://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/the-legend-of-zelda-breath-of-the-wild-wii-u
The game can be found for the Nintendo Switch here (as of 7/5/2017): http://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/the-legend-of-zelda-breath-of-the-wild-switch

Popular posts from this blog

Meow Tower: Nonogram Pictogram

Space Lich Omega

The Legend of Zelda: Tri Force Heroes