Galaxian

Although I have never really been that good at it, Galaxian has stood strong as one of my favorite arcade games. Every once in a while I will pull out my Namco plug'n'play or Namco Museum on my Gameboy Advance just to waste some time destroying (or being destroyed by) some aliens. The gameplay is extremely simple with the player controlling a ship that moves from side to side in order to avoid enemy attacks and aim shots at wave upon wave of multi-colored aliens. Although much simpler than its successors, Galaga and Gaplus, this game is still quite addicting and always reels me in when I have some time to play it.

Unfortunately, I am a pretty garbage pilot and I still need a lot more practice in order to do anything of value when playing, but that doesn't stop me from trying over and over to see if I can beat my last score. Whether or not you are confident that you can single-handedly destroy hordes of bug-like extraterrestrials, Galaxian is a worthwhile quarter-eater if you have the chance.
Although the game is no longer being distributed, you can learn more about it here (as of 7/7/2017): https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Galaxian

Popular posts from this blog

Meow Tower: Nonogram Pictogram

Space Lich Omega

The Legend of Zelda: Tri Force Heroes