Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

Before Super Smash Bros. Ultimate was released, I knew three major things - it was bringing together every fighter from the previous series entries, introducing surprising new characters from previously unrepresented franchises, and reinstituting a single-player story mode. I've enjoyed the entire Smash Bros. franchise so far, I play a lot of different video games, and I loved Brawl's "Subspace Emissary" mode, so it's easy to say that I was all in for this new game.

Although I wasn't in the financial state to pre-order the game, I was lucky enough to have a fantastic group of friends that decided to host a release party with two TV's and twelve controllers! That's where I think Ultimate truly shines. As much as I enjoyed the single-player "World of Light" game mode, I find that I reach for this game more when I am looking to have a great time with friends than when I am looking to pass the time on my own.

The combination of clean gameplay, wildly different fighters, interactive stages, and a group of friends makes Super Smash Bros. Ultimate a delightful use of an evening.
The game can be purchased for Nintendo Switch here (as of 6/28/20): https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/super-smash-bros-ultimate-switch/

Popular posts from this blog

Meow Tower: Nonogram Pictogram

Space Lich Omega

The Legend of Zelda: Tri Force Heroes