Pokémon: Let's Go, Eevee!

When I saw the announcement that remakes of the original Pokémon games were coming to the Switch, with Pokémon Go integration, no less, I knew that I had to buy one. The first teaser trailer actually prompted me to redownload Pokémon Go in preparation! Right off the bat, Let's Go had some big draws for me. As Kanto was the first region that I explored, I was pretty excited about seeing it reborn in 3d. Pokémon Go integration meant that effort I put in on my phone translated to reward in the game, which made Go even more fun. Plus, it was the first full-fledged Pokémon title on the Switch, so it was almost necessary for me to buy it.

After all of my excitement, I am happy to report that the game totally delivered! One aspect of the gameplay that I didn't expect to be a huge draw was interactions with your partner Eevee (or Pikachu). However, that became one of my favorite parts of the game! I gave my Eevee an adorable hairstyle and outfit, and we crushed the elite four in style, high-fiving and chatting the whole way through. I was also a fan of the controversial Pokémon Go-style encounters, where you can only catch wild Pokémon, not battle them. There were still plenty of battles throughout the game, and capturing brought with it candies, which created a whole new layer of growth for your party.

Ultimately, this game is hands down a wonderful experience. As a testament, my brother has beaten it at least a half-dozen times, and my wife (who won't play a videogame to save her life) actually asks to play it on occasion. I would even consider it a better introduction to Pokémon than the original games it remade.
The game is available for Nintendo Switch here (as of 5/7/20): https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/pokemon-lets-go-eevee-switch
The game's companion is available for Nintendo Switch here (as of 5/7/20): https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/pokemon-lets-go-pikachu-switch

Popular posts from this blog

Meow Tower: Nonogram Pictogram

Space Lich Omega

The Legend of Zelda: Tri Force Heroes