Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Thanks to wonderfully constructed mechanics and an engaging story, Xenoblade Chronicles 2 is probably the best RPG that I have ever played. I was intrigued enough by the trailers and announcements for this game that I broke my usual rule to play games in order of release, and I am so glad that I did! This game is so well crafted, with beautiful worlds, lively characters, deep growth systems and a ridiculous amount of content. I played this game more than I played Breath of the Wild and I still have so much more to do!

As an entry in the Xenoblade Chronicles series, veterans will be quick to pick up the combat and exploration that this game offers, but it is introduced in such a way that even newcomers shouldn't have a hard time getting acquainted with the mechanics. However, the story was definitely my favorite part, with engaging and humorous characters, exciting twists and turns, and a world full of impactful side-quests.

The only part of the game that really bothered me was the Gacha-style system for getting new "blades." In order to get the strongest combat-partners in the game, you have to rely entirely on luck, ultimately summoning hundreds of useless "common blades" before a unique partner is finally revealed, which is quite the grind. However, once you have a "rare blade," you can begin growing and upgrading them by performing specific tasks, which unlocks new character-specific side-quests and story segments!

Throughout the whole game, there is an amazing (and overwhelming) amount of content, and the world begs to be explored. If you need a game that will keep you engaged for dozens (if not hundreds) of hours, Xenoblade Chronicles 2 is definitely my recommendation.
The game can be purchased for Nintendo Switch here (as of 9/5/19): https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/xenoblade-chronicles-2-switch

Popular posts from this blog

Meow Tower: Nonogram Pictogram

Space Lich Omega

The Legend of Zelda: Tri Force Heroes