Rocket League

I think it's appropriate to begin this review by mentioning that I don't like sports games. As one who cares little for sports in the first place, they never really have any reason to grab my attention. However, I feel quite the opposite about online competitive games, such as my old favorite Team Fortress 2, as I always appreciated a purely skill-based, short competition and the fun of collecting show-offy cosmetic items. I bought Rocket League thanks to a recommendation from a friend, and immediately noticed that it combined those two aforementioned genres, but improved them both immensely!

My love for this car-soccer title (or "soccar" as it is referred to in-game) comes from many places, both in and out of play. I think my absolute favorite thing about Rocket League is that it is an online competetive game, and yet it still encourages local split-screen multiplayer! It's hard to find good online titles that both allow and encourage simultaneous play on a single "console," especially when it comes to PC.

I also think that one of the best parts about this game is it's willingness to experiment. In addition to playing soccer with cars, you can also play basketball, hockey, soccer with ridiculous power-ups, and a Tron-esque floor-destroying game. The developers even created crazy fields as part of "The Lab" that modify the original soccer game by implementing new obstacles and encouraging new strategies.

At the time of this review, although I don't play Rocket League as often or intensely as I played TF2, I think that I actually like it better, and it is one of my favorite games to play on Switch with a group of friends.
This game can be purchased for PC here (as of 6/28/18): https://store.steampowered.com/app/252950/Rocket_League/
This game can be purchased for Nintendo Switch here (as of 6/28/18): https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/rocket-league-switch
This game can be purchased for PS4 here (as of 6/28/18): https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP2002-CUSA01163_00-ROCKETLEAGUENA01
This game can be purchased for Xbox One here (as of 6/28/18): https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/rocket-league/c125w9bg2k0v?activetab=pivot%3aoverviewtab

Popular posts from this blog

Meow Tower: Nonogram Pictogram

Space Lich Omega

The Legend of Zelda: Tri Force Heroes